Monday, February 21, 2011

The glazing and firing continues...

I told myself I was done making pieces for my spring shows. I am ready well in advance but I just cannot stay out the studio (despite all the non-studio projects I could tackle: painting the walls? unpacking the boxes that are STILL in rooms and I certainly won't admit how long I have lived here) It seems I have unleashed a little monster in me that wants to create. And this is all probably because I told myself to stop and take it easy for a week!

I even did the techie side of business stuff in an attempt to "keep busy". I updated my website and added new items to my Etsy store but I am back in the studio making more! More what? Well, new trays with divisions- perfect for carrots, celery, pickles, olives etc. And what else? The revised version of my wall hanging "quilted" pieces. I am still very excited about these despite some setbacks from v1. And honestly, I don't know what else I might make this week- sometimes I have a plan but most of the time...well, I don't! I am lucky that this has worked for me so far. ;)

AND I am happy that I also have two custom sets of dishes that I am hard at work on!

But to tide you over until the next glaze load here are some items from load #2 last week.
soap dishes
business card holders

the finished cross magnets

No comments:

Post a Comment